Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Res: Re: Res: Duplicate keys on assessment - possible CR bug

I would do the following:

a) Require PG 8.2 or higher for OpenACS 5.4
b) For 5.3 keep the lock table statements in, or, alternatively, provide a parameter in acs-content-repository "OldPGP" which is turned on if upon installation (or upgrade) you find that the system is running on an Old DB version. Or store it in an nsv_array and check upon starting the AOLserver.

Interestingly I got problems with "lock table acs-objects in share row exclusive mode" on a farily busy site running against PG 8.2.3.

my tests just showed that some deadlock situations disappeared (it tests mostly busy content revision creation). As for every test, it does not prove that there are some more deadlock situations, which are not tested.

So, if someone experiences more deadlocks, a simple test case would be certainly helpful to nail this down.

oacs 5.4 can rollback the explicit lock, although the only ones that were experimenting the deadlock are here, and will be probably aware that pg 8.2.x upgrade is recommended, but still works oacs in 8.x versions.

We did test and everything is fine on this regard, now we have in production that.

I´m sure oracle did not have this silly deadlock.