Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: RFC: OpenACS Governance

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Neophytos, I in no way implied that you were the person who walked over other people's code.  Could you try to lower your paranoia to a level consistent with reality?  I saw no reason to mention the person by name, he's no longer part of the community but what would be the point in posting a potentially embarassing comment about him here?  Someone might look his name up in Google and find the post, after all.

So I'm not going to confirm or deny your hint as to his true identity.  But, no, of course it wasn't you.

As far as co-opting control of OpenACS ... what are you talking about?  Today we have a small self-selected group of people, including me (mostly me, to be honest) who decides who is and who is not part of the core implementation team.

If I wanted to keep personal control I'd just do it, maintaining the status quo.  I don't need to put up with your personal attacks in order to maintain the status quo.  It seems like I have to put up with your personal attacks in order to *broaden* the number of people involved in governance.

That seems mighty strange to me.

I'm not going to participate in another civil war like we had over .LRN last summer.  That was the worst stretch in my life since my divorce in 1988, and I have no desire to relive it.  I almost left the project back then.  You're going to have to find a different target to bomb and shoot this time because I'm going to get the hell out rather than put up with it.