Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: RFC: OpenACS Governance

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
I cannot leave ambiguities unanswered:

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
Sorry, Neophytos, but you've not contributed for three years.
<<<<

Maybe dedicated would have been a more proper word. I apologize for not clarifying it more for you. Still, did I not wrote acs-service-contract, search, openfts-driver, ported acs-workflow 4.3 to postgresql (one of the biggest packages in the repository) and work on bringing up any ramifications to speed, applied patch fixes, etc?

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
You have, as Talli correctly points out, left the project in anger twice during that period of time, each time after having made commitments to complete work which you failed to follow through on. In terms of actual work you've put in perhaps a year.
<<<<

What commitments and why I left? I'm sure you do not have much to say about the first time I decided to withdraw from the team rather than confronting the crowds like I do now. What commitments did I leave behind the second time around? The release manager position, hah, and then having to put up with people who were practically insulting me like you do now.

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
You've also been a divisive force, accusing me and others repeatedly of somehow trying to monopolize the project for our personal gain. I'm tired of it, and won't put up with it. The facts don't back up your claims.
<<<<

Who did I divide? Back up your claims. Was it me that Ben Adida had "unresolving differences" when he left? For the curious I was not around when Ben left as it has perfectly been addressed here today.

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
A lot of great work's been done on the code itself.
<<<<

Did I say otherwise?

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
And now, out of the blue, here comes Neophytos tossing bombs and grenades into the our peaceful and productive community.
<<<<

It was clear that I did not agree with your agenda, sorry my mistake that I withdraw so that I would not have to accept the very things I disagreed with. How did that harm the project (I mean by withdrawing)? We were supposed to have the OpenACS governance discussion in September, why are we having it now?

<blockquote>>>>
</blockquote>
I respectively ask you to knock it off.
<<<<

I respectively ask you not to provoke me and then I *will* knock it off.

Finally, how do your postings answer to the criticism/questions I have posted above? And still, I provoke you to post what motive I have for posting here other than that I contributed to this project and I want to have a say when things seem so wrong to me (Dave this is what my problem is). I have clearly stated that I'm not interested in a position for a board. I started  posting on the package inventory thread quite peacefully and only answered when I was provoked. The questions are there either you like it or not.