Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: RFC: OpenACS Governance

Collapse
Posted by Mat Kovach on
Okay, maybe I'm a bit slow (and that may well be an understatement) but I'm failing to see the point of this continuing discussion.  The notifications seem to be filling up my inbox, but basically what the heck is this all about?

I've been a small and slow contributer to this project, I've followed it quite a bit and the past few months things have been running very well.  Does that mean it is perfect? No.  Does that mean somebody has the right to point out things that can make it better, yes.  Does it mean that anybody making a suggestion get to have his/her ever word followed? Absolutely not.

But why in the f*ck is this thread still going?

The history of OpenACS has shown that those that contribute, work, and help further the "OpenACS" cause have the oppritunity of "controlling the faith of the project".  There are quite a few people that appear to influence the direction of OpenACS and I say more power to them.

Now, having a core team and some basic "rules" to run the project is a good idea.  Having been involved with many user groups over the years, you need some "adminstration" to handle the tasks.

Don contributions to OpenACS are unquestionable, both in code and in running the project.  If Don wants to create a core team to develop the adminstrative end of the project I think he has earned the right.  Obviously people are going to question it, as they should.  That is their input to the community.  It appears the core team will be working on developing a way to add new people to the core team, indicate package maintainers, etc.

This is a good.

If they would like somebody to help who has done something simular (be it with users groups) I'd be more than willing to help out.

Now this whining about?, well I'm not exactly clear about what the whining is about, but whatever it is about is just silly.

I have an idea:

Why doesn't everybody stop having the pissing match and actually get to contributing to OpenACS, in terms of both code and the adminstravie side.

Ah, I feel better.

Just my thoughts, flame away.

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
ahem. the next line i said was.

<talli> as long as we're sure he understands no taking off

you still haven't set yourself up as anything but a troll on this issue, Neophytos.