Forum OpenACS Q&A: Edit This Page Internal Reference

Collapse
Posted by Raul Rodriguez on

I have been trying to understand how the internal reference in Edit This Page is used. The only documentation that I have found is the one included in the ETP package, however, it does not discuss internal references. Does anyone know where I can find such information or can someone explain how it is used? Also, is there a way to include content from one ETP page on another ETP page without having to manually insert the package_id like what appears to have been done in the about widget in openacs.org-dev?

TIA

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Raul,

I am the default package maintainer for ETP now, but I didn't originally write ETP and I am not quite sure what internal links we meant to be used for. My guess is they are to be used to link to other ETP managed pages, but I don't know if even that limited functionality is working.

There isn't any easy way to refer to another package without package_id. I looked, but did not find a tcl proc that will return a package_id from a URL. I think referring to the package by its URL path would make this type of feature more flexible.