Forum OpenACS Q&A: ORA-00001: unique constraint violated insert into sec_session_properties

Hello,

I'm testing some of the security parameters in ACS-Kernel. On the Login page, I can consistently get an "ORA-00001: unique constraint violated insert into sec_session_properties" when I have AllowPersistentLoginP to 1 (and also set it to 1 in ACS-Subsite). I set my LoginTimeout to 80 seconds and restart AOLserver. Upon restart I login, click on something and wait 80 seconds. When I refresh my page I get sent to /register but consistently get the ORA-00001. Another refresh clears the error and I correctly get the login screen.

I don't fully understand why I'm getting this - I thought that the session would be swept upon timeout. Also why is it trying to insert the same Session_id when it's clearly (I think) a new session? Has anyone seen this before? Or can anyone suggest a fix?

many thanks
Brian

For completeness here are all my relevant parameter values in ACS-Kernel:
AllowPersistentLoginP to 1
ApprovalExpirationDays to 0
DefaultPersistentLoginP to 1
LoginPageExpirationTime to 6000
LoginTimeout 80
PasswordExpirationDays 0
RegisterRestrictEntireServerToRegisteredUsersFilters 0
RegisterRestrictToSSLFilters 1
RequireQuestionForPasswordResetP 0
RestrictLoginToSSLP 0
SessionLifetime 60
SessionRenew 30
SessionSweepInterval 20
SessionTimeout 60

ORA-00001 unique constraint (string.string) violated

Cause

An UPDATE or INSERT statement attempted to insert a duplicate key. For Trusted Oracle configured in DBMS MAC mode, you may see this message if a duplicate entry exists at a different level.
Action

See http://turfybot.free.fr/oracle/8i/errors/ORA-00001.html