Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Relationships, Relationsegments, Groups, Subsites

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hazi, Lars and I are talking about new group management pages.  At first these will supplant rather than supercede the existing pages because we'll support a simple "group-role" model in the new admin UI pages because that fits the needs of most people.  This is very much like what's done in .LRN.

I'd be interested in what Thomas thinks "doesn't work properly" in 4.6.2.  If there's a real bug (server error, etc)  please let us know ASAP as we're going to be pushing out a 4.6.3 release shortly.  If you think functionality's missing, could you describe what it is you want to do?  I may be able to tell you how to do it using the current admin UI, and we may be able to figure out how to incorporate it into the new, streamlined admin UI Hazi, Lars and I envision.

We're going to be working on the HEAD branch because 4.6.3 is coming out shortly and is a bug-fix only release.  Depending on the pace of progress of the HEAD branch (which we've decided to call 5.0) we'll release a 4.6.4 in a month or so, and *may* backport some of this stuff if there are people willing to help out and especially test it.