Forum OpenACS Q&A: Wanted to check before posting a bug

Have been working with ecommerce in openacs-4-6 and have come accross a couple of issues that I think are bugs. But before I post them to the bugtracker I wanted to check to make sure that they have not already been fixed in the new release. I have not yet had time to try the new release.
The issues are :
1) The category upload function only matches categories at category and subcategory levels. I have most of my products at the subsubcategory level and none of them are correctly allocated by the upload function. It looks as if the original design only had category and subcategory, and someone added subsubcategory but never got round to updating the bulk catagory map upload functionality.
2) In the admin pages there is an option to select either all products, products by category, or add a product. If you choose the link for products by category (or if you browse the categories from the category list in the admin pages) you are shown every product in the system. It seems that the query that is run to extract products by category is absent the filter on category name.
Thanks
Richard
Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Richard,

please do report them as bugs. I've solved #2 in the past in one of my projects but must not have committed the changes. Others have provided me (the eCommerce maintainer) with patches as well. Another overhaul of the eCommerce package is in the works.

/Bart

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Bart,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I have been away.
I you do have any patches I would be very grateful if you would send them to me. Meanwhile I will post the bugs.
Regards
Richard