Forum OpenACS Q&A: how to setup notifcations for calendars?

hello,

please excuse me asking so many how-to questions on this forum, but i'm still struggling with the lack of documentation (especially tutorials) for specific acs-packages.

in this case, i've searched the calendar documentation and the archives of this forum (there doesn't seem to be any for notifications)

so my question is: how can i enable users to request notfications for a calendar (i.e. the public one on my site)?

looking for instance at the urls for requesting notification on lars-blogger instances

http://burroughs.berlin.tomster.org:8001/notifications/request-new?pretty%5fname=Ank%fcndigungen&return%5furl=%2fannounce%2f&type%5fid=500&object%5fid=502&user%5fid=292

i gather, that i must assemble a similar request for a calendar using the user id etc.

could some explain the remaining parameters and how i could use them for a calendar?

thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Tom, I'm not really the one to ansewr, but since nobody else has...

This might be something that requires custom code. You might look into the notifications package.

Or it might be that someone else has already done this, or that it's already in the calendar code. I'd look at the notifications package, if it were me.