Forum OpenACS Development: Problem in wimpypoint of oacs-4.6.2: editing to add new bullet item to slide has no visible effect

hi...

I'm trying to locate a problem in wimpy of oacs-4.6.2 under which new editings of a slide are not saved with the slide... anyone wanna help or suggest anything?

specifically...

I created a first slide of a presentation and put 4 bullet items (the dialog allows for 5 first entries)

I later decided to edit the slide, adding a fifth bullet item (the dialog box only allowed for the one additional bullet item)

I clicked on "Save Slide", viewed the slide, and found the fifth item did not appear on the slide

OK, apparantly the problem exists irrelevent of how many bullet items you have originally... you cannot add more items, but you can reorder the items, and you can edit the text of the items.

I have looked at the source briefly, seeing there is an index.vuh whose purpose is to prittify URLs. It does its job well, and is not part of the problem.

I'm about to look at edit-slide.* and friends; that's where the problem must lie.

Hi Jim,

Please see this thread: https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=82209

From what I gather from IRC the new wimpy point package is close to being finished. Perhaps Rocael can give us an update - I haven't seen anything in CVS.

Jim, Tom,

Rocael has submitted a very big patch for WP. Maybe worth checking out.

Yes Jim, this was a problem on WP, its fixed, if you see in the patch. Jeff said that he will merge that patch on to 4.6.3, so I think you can get also the code from there (if not I can send it to you), currently I'm working on i18n for WP and the portlet, that will be finished this week.