Forum .LRN Q&A: Inconsistency in Portlets

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Some portlets have been updated recently and changed to use listtemplates. This can be confusing since not all portlets were updated, and its not clear a straight listtemplat table makes sense for all portlets, espcially aggregated portlets like Forums, where you need to show forums from all communities you are a member of.

I think we need to have some sort of guidelines and an organized effort since these have to all appear on the same page together.

I don't know what the best design is. Unordered lists are much more flexible, and also, allow much easier custoization. A table makes sense for more tabluar data, but a list of links should probably remain a list.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Actually the listtemplate in forums portlet, for example, serves no use. It just contains the code that belongs between the <multiple> tags within the display_template attribute for each list element. It doesn't use multiple columns, sortable columns, etc that you need list builder for.

If (the only reason I can guess it was used) you want alternating colors for each community, there must be a better way.