Forum OpenACS Development: Questions about the Categories Package
1) Is all the latest code in CVS?
2) Are the issues with core changes required by the package resolved?
2) What does it involve to make the categories package run on 4.6?
3) How difficult is it to port the package to PG and is anybody interested in taking on this work?
1) yes (just committed some changes on browsing page)
2) nope. i still have all the necessary stuff in sql/oracle/categories-init.sql and the redirecting page for stable urls is not in cvs yet. I think we agreed more or less on the stable url thing, but named-objects without multilinguality is still an issue (i still prefer not to deal with multilinguality now and just do named-objects)
3) add the table ad_lang, change all uses of [ad_conn locale] to some default value, remove the select-box from cadmin/master
4) port is on its way.
I too am looking at a project right now that would need Categories.
1) what is the status of the PG port?
2) is #3 in your list still accurate?
I can't answer to your second question, but PG port should be working since it's used by a few packages which I've recently ported to Postgres.