Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: F2F leadership team meeting (April 27, 2007)

Collapse
Posted by Avni Khatri on
Hi Christian -

I don't think the problem is people who attend meetings not contributing during the meetings.

I think one problem was that during Zen (for a while) we were discussing too
many technical details in the leadership meetings. These technical details should not have been discussed in a leadership meeting and should have been taken offline. I think in today's leadership meeting the Zen team members agreed with this and we will strive to follow this.

Instead of mainly relying on the honchos email, the leadership team will post more discussions in the forums.

In order to be more inclusive, the leadership team will also post meeting agendas and meeting notes in the .LRN Q&A forums when they are available.

Also, I don't think the purpose of the leadership team is purely technical (though this is a software development project) nor should it be. My personal opinion is that it is necessary to have a user/teacher perspective on the .LRN leadership team. 😊

Thanks,
Avni

Please chime in if you have thoughts.

I agree with Avni. In fact, I'm a programmer, but not a TCL/OpenACS programmer. Leadership team should focus on high level techncial issues (Zen's discussion were an exception, mainly I think because there were no other issues to talk about). And when discussing high level technical issues, it is always very welcome the view of non-technical people, who can provide some common sense to technical stuff.

By the way, there is always a way to contribute to the meetings, ... making the minutes and posting them in the fourms!

Olga