Forum OpenACS Development: Deleting User

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Hello everybody,

has someone already tested the user management?

I deleted a user but the user is still listed in .LRN while OpenACS doesn't recognize the user id anymore.

Is there any rule how a user has to be deleted?

Best wishes,
Nima

Collapse
2: Re: Deleting User (response to 1)
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Nima,
I believe the correct way to do it is to set member state to deleted on the user admin page in .LRN (go to /dotlrn/admin/users).
Collapse
3: Re: Deleting User (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Is there a way how we can collect knowledge like this at one place, so whoever has the time to write the user documentation (or improve it for that matter) can go to the page and copy/paste?

A quick suggestion would be to have the bookmark module mounted and ask everyone, whenever they answer a howto question to bookmark the thread.

Collapse
4: Re: Deleting User (response to 1)
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
The best method we have now for single-point-of-contact accumulation of doc issues is the bug system.  But there's no dedicated category for doc bugs.  Should we create one?  We could make a link that prepopulates the (priority, severit, etc) fields to save time.
There has been some talk of better linking the forums, static docs, etc, but I don't think there's a specific proposal on the table yet.
Collapse
5: Re: Deleting User (response to 4)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I think adding documentation to the bugtracker is a very good idea. Right now, this gets scattered about..