Forum OpenACS Q&A: Oracle Tablespaces and LOBs

Collapse
Posted by C. R. Oldham on
Greetings,

Does anyone know (off the top of your head) if there is any way to fix the problem with importing schemas into Oracle that have LOBs in them?  The LOBs want to return to the same tablespace that they came from, which is a problem for example if you setup a different schema that stores it's data in a different tablespace.

I can't find a succinct definition or solution to this problem in MetaLink.

I'm on Oracle 8.1.7 r4.

Thanks

--cro

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
CR, check out this thread: https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=32957 - it contains the magic incantation you seek.
Collapse
Posted by C. R. Oldham on
Janine,

Thank you so much.  I had searched the forums but did not find that thread.  That was exactly what I needed.

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
You are very welcome!

I have my doubts about the search facility these days.  Most often I end up finding threads by looking at the posting history of someone I know was a participant - not exactly what I'd call an efficient method, but it seems to work better than searching for keywords.

Collapse
Posted by David Cotter on
I agree about the search - I am finding it more difficult to find the info I want.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
David and Janine,

I just wantd to let you know that Tilmann Singer recenetly updated the forums search code on openacs.org to return one result per thread, instead of one result per reply which was giving out pretty useless search results. We just added this last week, so you might want to try it again.

Hopefully we will make even more improvements to search on openacs.org and in the toolkit.

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
But the messages that have been posted before that change are still indexed the old way AFAIK, we are waiting until it is possible to do a full reindexing.