Forum OpenACS Q&A: OACS 5.3, and ecommerce configuration problem/issue.

I have authorize gateway installed and configured, and, in the parameters for ecommerce, a package key of 'Authorize Net' as the package key for it at 'PaymentGateway'

When I run a transaction, it fails in ec_creditcard_authorization on the following code:

set payment_gateway [ad_parameter PaymentGateway -default [ad_parameter -package_id [ec_id] PaymentGateway]]

# Return an error when no payment gateway has been selected or if
# there is no binding between the selected gateway and the
# PaymentGateway.

if {[empty_string_p $payment_gateway] || ![acs_sc_binding_exists_p "PaymentGateway" $payment_gateway]} {
set outcome(response_code) "failure"
set outcome(transaction_id) "$transaction_id"
return [array get outcome]
}

I'm not understanding what to do, or do differently to make this go through and get to the gateway.

As far as I know, the ecommerce package does not work on 5.3
I think the last branch it worked on was 5.1

e-commerce g2 will be compatible with 5.3 and beyond when it is completed.

Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
Bill

You can check that the parameter PaymentGateway has been set correctly easily enough with a little ns_log debug after 'set payment_gateway' to see whats returned.

If thats OK then its going to be the acs_sc_binding_exists_p returning 0 thats tripping you up. If you look that up in the API browser it will take you back to the table its looking at. I don't use the PaymentGateway but it looks like a problem with the service contract probably when it was initialised during the install.

- Steve

Collapse
Posted by Bill Millikin on
Thank you. I'm thinking that the problem is knowing what to say the package 'key' is in the param in ecommerce.

My payment_gateway returned is 'authorizenet', and acs_sc_binding_exists_p is returning 0. 'authorizenet' is where I have Authorize.net Gateway mounted. Should it be some other string, like the actual package name?

From the site map, I have:

URL Instance Package Name
authorizenet Authorize Net Authorize.net Gateway

What I think I'm not understanding is what a 'package key' is as called for in the ecommerce parameters at the field PaymentGateway.

Hi Bill,

The package-key is just that.. authorize-gateway if you are using the Authorize.net gateway package.

Ryan is right that ecommerce will break in 5.3. The ecommerce package uses many procedures that were deprecated in OpenACS 5.1 and subsquently removed in 5.2 (and 5.3). See: https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug_number=2324 for details.

Here's the home of the ecommerce-g2 project: https://openacs.org/xowiki/ecommerce-g2

cheers,

Torben

Collapse
Posted by David Ghost on
So, what's the current status on this module?
I don't care ecommerce or g2 whatever.
I just want to know which version of module can run safely on which version of OpenACS.
Nowadays to me the word "Open" means never ending stories
which starts here & there.
Status for latest stable has not changed.

Ecommerce package works on Openacs 5.1.