Forum .LRN Q&A: Delete Classes and Comunities?

Collapse
Posted by Jens Hill on
Hello fans .LRN,

we were in the last months with dotLRN very intensely and built up a system under SuSE Linux 8.2. Now we have according to initial difficulties the system in a stable way and can be occupied with the administration and configuration. There a problem with which I annoy already several days occurs, however. How can I delete Classes and Comunities?

I would be pleased if somebody could give me a tip once. Ask mail at:

mailto:brand@academy24.com

cu

Thomas

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
What exactly do you expect if you delete a class or a community? That every object that directly belongs to a particular class or community object gets nuked too?

Maybe unmounting  site-node does it for you.

Collapse
Posted by Jens Hill on
Hello Dirk,

To Thanks for Your Answer. In the first test we put on different classes and groups (Comunities) and combined different classes and groups (Comunities) with each other. Now would like as the first entries delete again and current classes and groups form. Now I stand before the problem how I can extinguish groups and classes. I am the administrator and find no button or link with the corresponding function ! Make I there what frequents?

In few days the system is also externally attainable.

Ask information onto mailto:brand@academy24.com

cu Thomas

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
Have you been creating groups on a test system? Why not just install two systems: a test system to get acquainted with DotLRN/OpenACS and a live system.

You can frequently copy over your live system's data so that you can test with real-life data. The other way around: that is a fair bit of a problem, there never really was a concept of a staging system in OpenACS.