Forum OpenACS Development: Re: dotWRK: Project Manager

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Just requested CVS write permission.  I don't know how long this will take, but I'll check your code out and make the changes now.

I'm just creating hierarchical project folders, so it is independent of your data model.  So the merge shouldn't be a problem.

The folders should contain resource items, task items, and a project description item.  These items can be added when viewing a specific project folder (view page).  I think we'll stick with your datamodel for the time being Jade.  My tables just have too many columns, and plpgsql functions don't take enough arguments (16).

That's my plan for the short term.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
That sounds good Nick. Let me know if you have any questions or I can help out in any way. I'll post here if I do any further coding, like adding in Tasks or anything like that. That way we won't step on each other's feet.

Have you taken a look at my very very primitive UI mockups? I'd love some feedback on them, and some better designs 😊

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Jade,

I'm not really a UI person.  My templates are really simple at the moment.

I've checked out your code, and making the modifications now.  I'm getting rid of the acs-objects code, and replacing it with the content  repository stuff.  I'll try and check the changes into CVS over the weekend.

- Nick.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Status update on project-manager:

Nick is working on adding use of the content repository to the project-manager. I believe he said he'll be done with that this or next week (I don't remember which).

I'm working on another project until then. Once he has added in the content repository code, I'll start working on adding in Tasks.

We would welcome some more coders, if anybody else is able to contribute. Currently, most of our work is around the data model.

Has anybody else added workflow to any packages besides the bug-tracker? I'm curious what other people's experiences have been. So far, despite Lars' excellent documentation, it looks pretty complicated. If I wade deeply into it, I'll start posting real questions.

Would it be hard to add workflow later?