Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Core team heads-up. Check for curriculum bar in default master committed to HEAD

Hi,

Why not just set the master template to a different template upon installation, the new APM does support tcl callbacks right?  And under the docs of curriculum just explain why.  Then leave it to the developer to merge the new tool bar to his template.  Normally in my projects I leave the default-template as is.  And on www/templates/foo/ I place the templates, images, css, etc.  So I guess in my case I will have to place that toolbar on my template as well.

I am not sure why service contracts, etc. will have to be done.  Its additional overhead and also additional complication for a newbie.  Maybe just a simple doc can do.  Or like bug-tracker or logger that checks if its not yet setup properly and prompts the user.  Say admin mounts curriculum then goes to /curriculum it then says that subsite template needs blah blah.  Maybe links to the doc to explain further etc.

Anyway just my opinion.

Yun, do you mean the default-master should be changed automatically when the curriculum package is being installed? I don't see how this would be anything else than confusing ...

I'd rather require the developer to insert the include tag manually.