Forum OpenACS Development: Adding file attachments to notifications

Notifications on head already uses acs_mail_lite::complex_send to deliver emails, and I'd like to leverage that to be able to send file attachments via notifications. This would mean adding file_ids to the notifications table and its associated delivery tcl api and service contacts - which adds the parameter file_ids to the email delivery method and any other notification delivery methods service contract. Anybody have significant problems with adding the ability to send file attachments in notifications? Are there other places where this addition would need to be changed to not break other delivery method service contracts (by passing the additional file_ids parameter to the delivery procedure)? This change would in no way affect how existing packages like forums, news, file storage, etc. use notifications - it would simply add the ability for them to include files from the content repository in their notification emails if they want to.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi Matthew,

We at Uned (Adenu projects) would use it for file-storage notifications. We want to provide the possibility to get the file as an attachment to the notification, nevertheless it would be optional so users can choose if they want the attachment or not when requesting notifications.

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Geddert on
I've added support for file attachments in notifications to HEAD with upgrade scripts (version 5.4.0d3). Be careful with file size limits of email attachments and have fun adding support for sending files to your packages.
Collapse
Thanks Matthew.
Just a question, I don't see any upgrade script for oracle in your commit. Can you provide it?
Collapse
Posted by Matthew Geddert on
Emmanuelle, I've added the oracle upgrade scripts. I don't have an oracle install to test it on so I hope I got it right.
Collapse
Thank you, Matthew.
We'll test it on the oracle test servers provided by Innova (UNED).