Forum OpenACS Q&A: Classified Ads package

Collapse
Posted by Brad Ford on
Checking through the installable packages on my 4.6.3 release install, I didn't see any that jump out as the old 'classified ads' functionality that (if I remember correctly) used to be a big part of ACS classic. Is there anything replacing this in 4.6.3 or did it not get ported from 3.x or am I just suffering from poor memory?
Collapse
2: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 1)
Posted by Brad Ford on
Found a bunch of posts relating to this - should have done that before posting. Too many to bother listing, just type 'classifieds' in the search and you'll get the threads. Seems the most recent activity is in this one: https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=52982. Is there any update on the state of Ded's/Roberto's classifieds package? Is it available aywhere to play with?
Collapse
3: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 2)
Posted by tammy m on
Hi

I was sent a tar of Ded's CA package about a month ago. If you want it, just drop me an email and I can send it to ya. It's not in contrib AFAIK. It is missing some templates and other resources and I think that someone has the latest copy but I have forgotten who that is!

Collapse
4: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 3)
Posted by Jorge Garcia on
Please, Tammy, I'm interested too in the package.

We are triying to design something like that.

Mi e-mail: tsunamiATjetDOTes

Thanks.

Collapse
5: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 1)
Posted by Denis Barut on
Hi Tammy, I'm also interested to receive the package.

I think that it's Roberto Mello who have the latest version but he don't seems to be around anymore !

Hope we will hear of him soon.

Thanks

Collapse
6: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 3)
Posted by Pol Vilarmau on
Hi Tammy, i'm interested to receive classified package too.

I need it for my project.

My e-mail: mailto:ca06334@salleurl.edu

Thanks

Collapse
7: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 1)
Posted by tammy m on
Great news. Roberto Mello uploaded the latest version of Classifed-Ads in contrib.

You can get it like this cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@openacs.org/cvsroot checkout openacs-4/contrib/packages/classified-ads

Collapse
8: Re: Classified Ads package (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Sorry about taking so long. I was in Brazil for a couple months in vacation.

I'm working on the classified-ads package as I speak. Will commit more fixes/improvements today.

-Roberto