Forum OpenACS Development: Re: dotWRK: Project Manager

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I've been looking at the Logger and at Bug-Tracker. It seems to me that it wouldn't be as much work if we just used the both of them, the former to log time, and the second to log Tasks.

For Logger it seems this would need to be changed:

- project should map to project-manager's Projects, instead of Logger's private projects list.
- I think an easier way of adding hours to multiple projects is necessary, at least at the company I work at.
- These changes may be possible without forking the code. Perhaps if project-manager is installed, the project-manager projects would be used instead of the private ones?

For Bug-Tracker:

- I think forking may be necessary, but we may be able to copy the bug-tracker, almost in its entirety. The reason I think forking might be necessary is that we'll want to add things like dependencies between tasks.
- The major change will be that instead of using Components or Areas, it should use Projects instead.
- I also wish that bug-tracker kept track of all the changes made to a Bug over time (Revisions). Does it not use the content repository? It seems like would be a nice addition.
- We also will need to add things like deadlines
- I think the UI will also need to be changed a bit.

That's what I'm thinking right now. Comments are welcome.