Forum OpenACS Development: Re: dotWRK: Project Manager

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
Jade,

I've slightly modified the .ADP and .CSS of PM to better render on most browsers I had within my immediate reach. New screenshots are in file storage. My changes can also be found there. They aren't diffs -- sorry. Will try and make those as well in the next few days.

<offtopic>
As a general suggestion to wider audience -- should we try at all to make sure that OACS pages pass at least -loose and -transitional validators? Current state of affairs is *much* better than it used to be, but it still soooo far from perfect (unquoted attributes, unclosed tags, varying case came to mind as the most typical problems).

Also, you'll see that I've modified default-master.adp to inclose slave into a separte <div>, as well as assign a few #id's -- changes are really minimal, but they can allow us to move from tabular design in many cases.
</offtopic>

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Andrei,

I very much appreciate your improvements. I'll incorporate them into project manager either today or early next week.

I'm happy to see someone else is test-driving project-manager. Feel free to post ANY suggestions or bugs in the bug-tracker:

https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/project-manager/

Please keep in mind this hasn't gone alpha yet, so with each release of project-manager, you'll need to drop the data model, and start afresh. Upgrade scripts won't be provided until it goes beta.

Even if you don't have time to code, feedback like Andrei's makes a world of difference in the quality of this product. I very much appreciate it!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Another note:

Your changes to default-master.adp affect all other packages, so if you'd like to make those changes, I suggest posting in the TIP forum.

Collapse
Posted by Andrei Popov on
Does not seem to be moving, does it?  Looked like a simple change, but....