Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Number of OpenACS downloads on openacs.org

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
This looks like a two-way conversation between you and I, Lars. This isn't the direction I'm heading right now. But, maybe later if it hasn't already been done.

Randy

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
No, it's not :). My suggestion. After adding the personal information in the installation process, show a page which asks (with checkboxes enabled (opt-out)):
  • May we inform OpenACS about your installation (if yes, httpget a page which increases the number of installations on openacs.org).
  • May we deliver additional information (if yes, send the information and below to openacs.org and keep it in a database)
    • What kind of server is this (development, staging, production)
    • Have you made or are you planning to make custom development on this server?
    • Display of the following parameters: URL, Maintainer, Version of OpenACS, Database, whatever else you might find useful for statistics.
At openacs.org you'd just have to write the import scripts, one for increasing the counter (easy) and one for storing the delivered data in the database and write an ad_tableized page for displaying it :).