Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #10 (Proposed): Automation of Installation Process

Collapse
Posted by Frank N. on
Andrei,

I meant sh, not bash. ;)

From memory, then aolserver3.3ad13-oacs1-beta-src.tar.gz needs two tweaks to the source/makefiles to compile: One library not being named what the makefiles expect, and the removal of a pair of typedefs (u_int32_t, u_int8_t) in nssha1/nssha1.c, as the FreeBSD system include files already have those.

OpenFTS has the name for make ('make') hardwired into the makefiles in a few place, but expects it to be GNU make, which is called gmake on *BSD. Also I think the typedefs came up again, and I believe there was at least a third compile issue as well, which escapes me at the moment.

Other BSDisms needed to be taken into consideration are that all user/group modifications are done via the pw command, plus that . (dot) is not allowed as a username/group separator for chown/chmod. Here : (colon) is required.

There are probably more nitpicks, which I've forgotten about.

Yeah, right you are about OpenFTS -- just tried to put it in on another box.  It also requires a small fix to Makefile.global to add "-I /usr/local/include/tcl8.3" which it does not add to INC path.

As for aolserver3.3... -- maybe when 5.0 comes out AOLServer 4 is always there...  It is not in the ports, though.  I'll try and see if latest beta compiles on FreeBSD out of the box -- that'l be an interesting test...

...and the answer is "it is completely hosed".