Forum OpenACS Q&A: xowiki: Problem with block markers and xinha

I recently set up a new site with oacs with kernel version 5.4.0d3 and xowiki 0.74.

When I edit a page in the wiki, I don't get xinha, I just get a 2 line tall textarea. After looking at the code, I see why it's 2 lines tall. I haven't been able to spot the problem that prevents xinha from showing up.

Also, I'm trying to use block markers (>>right-col<<, etc.) but all they do is show up as is, they don't trigger any formatting.

Any suggestions or hints are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Concerning Xinha support in cvs HEAD:
Someone removed all Xinha support from the master templates in CVS head. This was not the first time that i have fixed some other people's changes that killed xinha support. if someone is altering the richt-text support and is for some reason not able to test xinha stuff, please note so in the forums.

Concerning block markers:
During summer, i made the regular-expression based wiki-markup parsing more robust against misinterpretations. In general, it is a good idea to put white-space after block marker (see e.g. the default index page).

-gustaf neumann
PS: I fixed as well two more bugs in the new ::template::head code http://xarg.net/tools/cvs/change-set-details?key=28457

Collapse
Posted by Matthew Burke on
Thanks for the fixes Gustaf!

Oddly enough, I tried putting extra white space around the block markers and it didn't help. Then I made the CVS updates to get Xinha working. And that also fixed the block markers.

Now I need to track down why the updates have messed up some of the formatting (the edit-notifications-admin line is overwriting the site header----I'll take a look at the diffs and try and puzzle out the css) and everything will be nice again!

Matt

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
The placement of the wiki-menu is dependent on the local configurations (css styles). I tried to make it reasonably well for out-of-the-box openacs and dotlrn. For local styles one has to adjust the placement in xowiki.css. Look in xowiki/www/resources/xowiki.css for

div.wiki-menu and
#wikicmds

and adjust it accordingly.

best regards
-gustaf neumnann