Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Core team heads-up. Check for curriculum bar in default master committed to HEAD

Okay, I haven't removed the curriculum include nor the developer-support ditto from the default master yet (and someone has contacted me about it). Should I remove those two bits? Or just the curriculum include? Or none of it?

Core team, speak up, please! 😊

(I naively interpreted it as an implicit approval to let it stay when I read the answers to this thread; https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=105027 )

I was doing some scalability stuff today and noticed that the curriculum bar generates 7 db queries and takes 100ms of the 330ms a simple form page took on my box, and that is for a site with curriculum is installed but not mounted.

At the very least the check to determine whether to include the curriculum bar should be fast and not incur any db overhead, should check that it be mounted and not merely installed, and has be fast (that or we need to remove curriculum from the site-master/default-master and provide instructions on how to include it instead).