Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Adding a new group type

Collapse
Posted by tammy m on
Hmmm,

Not sure what to tell you. I am on OACS 4.6.1 and postgresql 7.2.4 and RedHat 7.3 and this works for me as does deleting the group type from the admin page. Maybe see if there have been changes to this code in CVS and apply them if so?

Collapse
Posted by tammy m on
Hi

Doesn't it suck when someone just tells you it works for them and lets it go?! Sorry, I got lightheaded and realized I should probably eat something!

But I thought of something else. I don't think the name of the group type (Group Type) can have any characters other than letters or underscore in it (no spaces).

If that's not it, try calling group_type::new -group_type $object_type -supertype $supertype $pretty_name $pretty_plural directly and see if it gives ya better error information.

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Vincent, the error message you posted is not helpful, it just says that _something_ went wrong in the db. Check the docs or these forums about how to find the actual error messages from the database (in the error log before the error you posted, or allegedly on the result page when the new postgres driver is used.)