Forum OpenACS Q&A: Two Jobs Positions for Developers/Consultants in Barcelona, Spain
We've got two job positions to fill in our ]project-open[ team in Barcelona, Spain until February 2008.
We are basically looking for seasoned OpenACS developers who can act like high-level business consultant and project managers. However, we know that this doesn't exist, so we'd offer you to develop both your technical and business skills while living in an international environment in "Europe's coolest city".
Depending on your profile, you would work either as a:
* Developer: Defining, developing and supporting ]po[ modules,
* Technical Consultant: Performing the technical side of roll-out projects
or as a
* Business Consultant: Customizing ]po[ and training users,
* Project Manager/Key Account: Selling and executing projects.
We will make it easy for you to develop your respective skills by including you early in customer facing projects, with coaching from an experienced consultant. In exchange we expect from you a high degree of involvement and the desire to grow both professionally and personally.
* Ability to learn quickly
* Good OpenACS and Linux admin skills (for the technical side)
* Good (English) communication skills
* Interest in project management and MBA stuff in general
* Enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial team
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate
* Willingness to travel and to wear a suit occasionally
Language & Working in Barcelona:
Don't worry too much about the country and the Spanish language. Our business language is English and we would help you to find a flat. Knowledge of Spanish is optional, but we'd recommend you to take some Spanish classes.
Concerning Visa and Work Permits for non-EU candidates: We won't be able to help you much if you need a visa to travel to Europe. However, we are open to discuss various work relationships options (working from your home office, paying you to your home country, ...) until you have done your paperwork etc.
Just send me an informal mail if you are interested, together with a CV if available. In the second week of January we will perform a telephone interview and then a small technical test.
Please forward this posting to your OpenACS buddies!
Managing Director ]project-open[
Tel: +34 933 250 914
Cell: +34 609 953 751
Fax: +34 932 890 729