Forum OpenACS Development: Survey Sections

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Spencer on

I need to create surveys that include sections. I came across a survey spec for dotLRN that states:

A survey section is an object with a group of questions. Eventually a survey creator will be able to sequence survey sections to create complex surveys. However, the goal for Phase I (deadline August 1) is to recreate the single page (i.e., single section) survey behavior of the 3.4 Survey Simple package as implemented for SloanSpace Version 1. However, rather than creating a package that will need to be replaced, Survey Section will be a building block for future survey work.

Has any work been done towards implementing sections since the 0.1d release of survey that's in OpenACS 4.6.3?

(I apologize if this has already been addressed in the forums. I'm getting a request error when trying to use the OpenACS.org search.)

Collapse
2: Re: Survey Sections (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Yes it has, it is finished and will be uploaded to contrib soon. If urgent send me an email and I'll get it to you. It still has some issues, the biggest one I'd say is that it still says version 0.1d ;).
Collapse
3: Re: Survey Sections (response to 1)
Posted by Andrew Spencer on
Email sent. 😊
Collapse
4: Re: Survey Sections (response to 1)
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Malte, Do you have a write up of this versions functionality?

Thanks

Collapse
5: Re: Survey Sections (response to 1)
It's in the docs ;). One place to look at them: http://recruiting.azri.biz/survey/doc/
Collapse
6: Re: Survey Sections (response to 1)
Posted by Raad Al-Rawi on
Malte - any chance of putting the docs on OpenACS.org?

I'm registered with so many sites, I'm worried that if I add another bookmark my browser will explode!! ;)

<Raad>

Collapse
7: Re: Survey Sections (response to 6)
Sure, if someone wants to make the module available on openacs.org it comes for free. Okay, just kidding.

https://openacs.org/projects/openacs/packages/assessment/rfc/current/