Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #24: Maintaining the apm_service / apm_applicaiton distinction

Notifications, general comments at least need to be fixed so they can be mounted once per subsite.

In cleaning up general comments I had fixed it so that the comments were keyed to a general comments package_id so that I could keep the comments seperated by the subsite under which it is mounted. Now that I think of it, storing the subsite that owns the comment would be fine. Then we just need to be able to mount a notifications or general comments instance under each subsite.

As Jeff says it might be best to make a datamodel/tcl-api package and a seperate user interface package.

I don't see why search would be a service instead of an application. It serves its purpose only when it is mounted and has user visible pages. openfts-driver and intermedia-driver that it uses should be services, but I guess they already are.

Also it is theoretically possible to mount search several times, e.g. with different parameter settings.