Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Top Ten Priorities for OpenACS ... what are yours?

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
As you know from my platform article my priorities are in some ways very different.  Its not that I don't share and value the technical priorities, rather that I also want to bring to OCT a focus on increasing the amount adoption, developers and $$ for OpenACS.  This is the underlying fuel that creates our ability to move forward on our technical priorities.  Adoption is also what makes all the work we have done worthwhile.

Similarly I want to increase the amount OpenACS gets back from its adopters, by enabling and encouraging developers and organizations to participate.

Specific things I am working on accomplishing in the next few weeks.

1.    Get the TIP and OCT processes working smoothly, predictably and professionally. I think this will encourage developers and organizations to engage with us. Specifically we need to clean up the TIP backlog and get in the habit of following the procedures as written in a timely manner.

2.    Marketing to Nonprofits. I am working on a presentation for Boston's NTEN conference. I am also starting to collect case studies and putting them at https://openacs.org/community/case-studies/. Help would be much appreciated. Davb is working on upgrading openacs.org to 4.6.3 then we will install photo-ablum to display screen shots.

3.    Talking to people in the community and encouraging them to upload code into contrib and looking for ways to encourage collaboration and involvement.