Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #27 (Approved): Create a works-in-progress directory in /contrib

Hi,

I think Roberto's suggestion is better.  Or maybe page that lists the status of the contrib packages.  On my case on particular snap shots it can go to contrib or work-in-progress.  Goes back and forth.

And to be honest, in may case.  There is a case of does-not-work-will-upgrade-later.  I think either a single status page which list the current of all contrib packages.  Or a status page on each package as Roberto suggests.  From what I recall before I started to put my packages there, it was no criteria.  The sole criteria was, you wanted to share your code.  Or I guess that is what I have been told and understood.

Because putting it on a dir to give status seems to bring the barrier up again.  And we may end up will a lot of dirs, like contrib, work-in-progess, work-halted, etc.  Maybe a contrib/STATUS page can be used.  Since I think most contrib people will have access to that page.  We just update it from time to time when ever we commit new code.