Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Some Feedback From an OpenACS Newbie

Collapse
Posted by Peter Marklund on
Andrew,
I think I speak for the whole OpenACS core team and most of this community when I say that I appreciate your feedback. It is perfectly obvious to me that you have taken great care and time out to make your feedback informative and constructive and that you have done so in a genuine effort to help OpenACS.

I hope that some of the unfriendlier posts in this thread will not discourage you from participating in this community, for they are not representative.

Collapse
Posted by bill kellerman on
"Dear Amazon,

I need to buy christmas presents, so I've been comparing online stores.  I have the following comments to make on your website.

Your images are a wierd color and are too big which increases the download size of my page.  You should remove some of your images.

I think users might be confused by the woman's boot above the 'Apparel' tab.  You should replace it with a man's cowboy boot.

I hate shopping over the web and think it is cumbersome.  A desktop java client application that interacts with your servers is a better solution.  When can I expect this to be ready?

I've heard your one-click shopping sometimes turns out to be two clicks and I find this unacceptable.  Does it require two clicks?  I'm not going to click twice.

Edward H. Customer"

so anyway... i think it is generally agreed that all feedback is welcome and some degree of care or tact is nice on all sides, right?

can i be so bold as to say this thread is probably reaching its limit of usefulness at the current direction?  i think andrew might help himself most by installing oacs for himself (if he has the resources available) to further compare systems, and provide any more feedback he may have.