Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Ratings package status?

Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Hi,

So after having a closer look at the ratings package, it appears that the datamodel has been changed on oacs-5-2 adding "context_object_id". I think it has been done by Viaro (Viaro: can you confirm?). I understand that it would provide a way to group rated objects and get an average rating of the context (for example, a rate for a forum by computing the ratings given on threads). Is that correct? I didn't find anything in the API that uses it in that way though, or any other way actually except inserting the value in the table. So it makes me wonder if that work is finished.

Also, I've found duplicated procs in the API (5.2). Procs names are different but they basically do the same (it's the case for ratings::get and ratings::get_rating). Other should be reimplemented as includes (::dimension_form, ::form).

Finally, changes on oacs-5-2 have been done for postgresql only despite that the package has been written for both database on the first place. If we merge that work on HEAD, it would break oracle support (I didn't test on Oracle to check that the HEAD version is working though).