Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: my 2 cents -(from another newbie)

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
98 % of default OACS funtionality is now available in demo mode. I have not yet addressed the following issues:

1. Permissions. The instance I am using was previously build for a network of PC service engineers, and we messed around with the permissions, and to be honoust got lost. i st here away to restore default permission settings?

2. Some descriptions may contain useless refernces to IWW and 3iii. They relate to the same inititive, now defunct. I need to find the easiest way to replace those references with : "Timedesk". Any thoughts how to sweep the installation and replace text? this is critical, as I am no longer authorized to use those names.

3. I am trying to concentrate on useful functionality, end users could be looking for. I added a number features in the playground, based on Oacs.3.2.5 to offer a general yet comprehnsive overview of options. In those cases I used /page module to incorporate the functionality in the index.

4. Next phase will be reference guides for:
- End user
- Administrators
I decided to use OACS, but have 2 choices. "Edit this page" or "Wimpy". Personaly I would prefer to use Edit this page, but the release I am using has a bug, which means I can only use the "new page" function.(so no option to use the sub topic) Who can help solving the bug? I understad developers use docbook, this is no option in a non techie environment. ( just mail mailto:ben@timedesk.nl and i will give you admin authorisation).

5. I definately need to be able to use glossary in my further efforts. Unfortunatly my installation contains a bug. Any content entered in glossary is deleted within 24 hours. I reported this as a bug, but judging the reply it seems to be a local problem. Please can anybody help me solve this mess? A-Z categorisations is very effective in helping people understand the toolkit, and from what I have seen sofar Glossary is one of the most versatile modules of the system. I am realy disapointed that i can't use it.

To be continued...
Ben