Forum .LRN Q&A: Beginning with dotlrn-ecommerce

Collapse
Posted by Felix Paco on
Hi all,

In the end, I was able to install the package dotlrn-ecommerce in my host, but afterwards all the installation, I'm not able to get start with. Can anyone tell me a link to a documentation or explain me how I can manage to make my first course catalog for ecommerce?

Thanks in advance.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Once the dotlrn-ecommerce package is mounted, you should be able to see an admin link on the index page for the package. Clicking that should bring you to the administration page where you can create new courses.
Collapse
Posted by Felix Paco on
Hi Dave,

I'm using Zen theme and I don't see any administrator link to dotlrn-ecommerce in the main site of the host, even in the hole site. Perhaps I have to edit a parameter to able the link, I'm searching the hole site but I don't find anything related with dotlrn-ecommerce.

I'm searching the site localhost/dotlrn-catalog but I've encountered with the following error when I try to create a new course:

No options specified for element active_p in form add_course
while executing
"error "No options specified for element $element_id in form $form_id""
(procedure "template::element::options" line 5)
invoked from within

I would apreciate very much any kind of help in solving this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Make sure you have mounted the dotlrn-ecommerce package.
OpenACS in general does not have a centralized administration feature. To administer a particular package you need to go to the pages provied by that package.

For exmaple
if you mounted dotlrn-ecommerce at "/dotlrn-ecommerce" you'd go to /dotlrn-ecommerce/admin/ to get to the administration pages. You'd see a link to admin at the url "/dotlrn-ecommerce/" if you had administrator privilege over that package.

Collapse
Posted by Felix Paco on
Hi Dave,

You are right, I haven't mounted the package. I only installed it, but now I have to mounted. Do you know from wich directory I have to mount the package? (I think is from "/dotlrn/")

Thanks in advance.

Collapse
Posted by Felix Paco on
Hi Dave,

finally I have already mounted the dotlrn-ecommerce package and now I'm able to see the administrator page as you say.

Thank you very much.

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
This page has links to some documentation we did for the Museum of Science. It is not completely up to date with what is in CVS but it may still be helpful.

http://www.solutiongrove.com/products/registration%20screen-shots

Collapse
Posted by Felix Paco on
Hi Caroline,

the documentation that you made it's great. It is very helpfull.

Thank you.