Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: IEEE conference on Advanced Learning Technologies

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I'd love to go as this is a topic which is fairly close to my heart, despite the fact that I'm not a researcher. So in any case, I'm more than collaborate on an article, especially as it could become part of an OpenACS book. And I definitly like the title ;).

Especially the topics match a lot with what .LRN is all about and we should therefore definitly try to include a paper. It would be great if we could not only focus on the distance learning aspect, but also on the easy accessibility, freedom of usage and the support for multiple languages and maybe even cultural background (just thinking about the right to left phenomenon, or last_name, first_names order that has been implemented or will be).

But we should look into the work of the universities of Birzeit and Galileo as they would be excellent case studies and can best describe their experiences with the software. So a paper should be build around their experiences, I'd say (sadly, though only for this context, Australia is not a developing country any more).