Forum .LRN Q&A: Grades and Transcripts

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
The requirement store one grade (the final grade) per class and produce transcript reports.  Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks

Collapse
2: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 1)
Posted by Samer Abukhait on
I actually developed a full grading utility with breaks management (hour's exams, HWs, Projects and finals) but independent form dotLRN.

I am working on converting this utility to work under dotLRN.

The original utility works with external course mapping system. I'll upload it if any one is interested...

Or... Wait until I convert it :)

Collapse
3: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 2)
Thanks Samer,

I definitely encourage you to upload it to contrib, who knows, someone might help you convert it.  Your functionality is probably more generally in demand then what I happen to need.

The difference is  but my requirement is to collect, aggregate and report just the final grades, which happens to often be Pass/Didn't Attend for this program, and the total credits earned.

Collapse
4: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hmmm...I think we only want stuff that works with OpenACS uploaded to the openacs project contrib directory.

In the past folks have posted random non-OpenACS things to file storage, that might be a possibility, or we could provide a "random bits of good stuff" download repository or something like that on our website :)

Samer ... as you work on conversion you might want to check in  with the OpenACS developer's forum if you hvae any questions about the preferred way to do stuff etc ...

Collapse
5: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 4)
I interpreted what Samer said to mean it worked with OpenACS but not with dotLRN but rereading it, its not clear.

I agree we should only put OpenACS code into Contrib.  Other stuff that might be usefull can be tarred an put into file storage.

Collapse
6: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 1)
Posted by Samer Abukhait on
What I developed is working under openACS, but it is based on an external course management system.
That's why I didn't upload it.

It will not take a lot of time to convert it.

I'll upload the converted version.

I'll be in the developers' forum if I faced any problem.

Collapse
7: Re: Grades and Transcripts (response to 1)
Dave and I are thinking through whether to use acs_rel_types and attributes to model final grades or just create simple tables.

If you want to kabitz you can look over our sholder at the draft at: http://www.aristoi.biz/developers/dotlrn-transcripts