Forum OpenACS Q&A: Ticket tracker - where is ticket-edit.tcl?

I have a test project set out and want to create a ticket tracker for it. The "create new ticket" links seem to refer to the following url
/intranet/projects/ticket-edit.tcl
In my installation there is no such file. Is this due to an incomplete installation, or does anybody else have this?
Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
I just checked and my installation has the ticket-edit.tcl file.  I also checked at sourceforge via the web interface (I don't have direct access to cvs now), and I noticed that ticket-edit.tcl and ticket-edit-2.tcl files are missing.  These files are unchanged from aD's versions.  I can add these file myself when I get home from work tonight, or better yet somebody who has access to cvs now, could grab these files from aD's 3.2 release and add them into cvs.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
We've switched to Ben's ticket tracker (new-ticket), I think the old tracker perhaps didn't get fully ported over for 3.2?

If we're going to use the new ticket tracker we should probably integrate it into intranet.

Collapse
I can go ahead and look at that.  I think ticket and new-ticket have a similar interface, so it might be as easy as changing links of the form href=/ticket... to href=/new-ticket...The problem Grant is talking about is the fact that a couple of files were not imported into cvs when we upgraded to acs 3.2.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
Yeah, I guess the changing of the ticket tracker has caused quite
a lot of pain. I still don't like the current one from ACS classic,
though, but it might be better if someone actually did port it as is
just so we can be 100% like Classic.

Anyone up for it?

Collapse
It's not going to work to have both of them loaded as there are name conflicts in the sql.  I think we'll just have to bite the bullet and either convert everything to use new ticket or else just stick with the original ticket module.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
oh yes, I was thinking of converting the current one anyways,and
then just giving people the option as to which one they want to
use.
Collapse
Are you talking about giving users or developers the option?  We have to commit to one or the other in the tcl code as the links to ticket or new-ticket are hard-coded.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
We can give users the option. Instead of hard-coding /ticket, we
should start doing the right thing which is to use [ticket_url_stub].
Then we can simply use one of the config parameters to decide
whether the ticket.tcl or new-ticket.tcl file should be sourced.
Collapse
As there any reason to offer the old ticket module?  If new ticket is an improvement on ticket, why don't we just dump the old ticket module port everything to use new-ticket and save ourselves the trouble of having to support two seperate ticket modules that basically do the same thing?  In the long run it would be less work for us.
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
I'm happy with that option, too.
Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
I think Dan's last suggestion (just dump old ticket) is better too. This will save us work and let us stay focused. aD doesn't get tied up by legacy code, we shouldn't either.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I'm for new ticket, it's what we're using and we'll be more likely to keep on top of it.