Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: HTML Validation icon for theme-zen

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Uh, it's not forced on people's local designs, by definition they'll be changing the master template/css when they customize ...
Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Don, the way we tried to design Zen allows for change of look and feel of a site using css (without touching the adp). Ideally only totally funky sites would require someone to edit the template.

I just checked the commit and noticed that emma has <div id="footer-icons"> </div>. That was nice. Allows me to include a display: none on that div in the css when we move that to our install (I dislike the look of those icons and they take up a lot of space). Thanks Emma.

Yes, most people that have that on sites where they don't have control of user input are lying, but there are people who do validate user supplied content. The simple way of validating (throwing an error message and asking the user to clean it up) creates problems when people cut/paste into wysiwig forms (95% of the population doesn't know what to do when confronted with invalid code error message when all they want to do is post some content).

Please take this feedback with a grain of salt. The icon is secondary to the work you have done on getting this done. Congratulations.

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Funny, I just included an unquoted <div id="footer-icons"> </div> in the above post and it doesn't show up as content on the page (Enhanced Text didn't quote the html I included). We should fix that before we worry about validating any content ;). I will edit the post so it shows up.
Collapse
Posted by Emmanuelle Raffenne on
Please take this feedback with a grain of salt

Of course Carl. To see the icon feels good though :). Anyway, checking user content will be the next step for sure.

... then we'll add next to the icon "and now it's true". Just kidding :)