Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #35: (Proposed) Relax Two Milestone Criteria for OpenACS 5.0.0 Release Candidate

Peter and Lars are working on translations for the rest of this week, but then must return to client work until January. There is a chance they will not complete the work, which includes: Enhancing the acs-lang module to make synchronization easier and safer; (backing up and) upgrading the translation server to have this new functionality; using the functionality to get new translations from the translation server db to the file system to CVS.

On upgrade, Daveb is the point man and unless he protests, I recommend that all new upgrade work be funnelled through him so that we don't duplicate work.

My reason for suggesting this is that we have several different constituencies for OpenACS. We have the option of satisfying those people who want to use the new functionality, are not upgrading from existing sites, and don't need translations, and showing some concrete progress, by removing the top remaining sources of risk and uncertainty in 5.0 and going to 5.0rc1 this week. Otherwise, we can expect another one week to one month before we can release 5.0rc1. (I.e., between roughly Dec 8 and Jan 2.)