Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN features in need of funding

Collapse
Posted by Bruce Spear on
Comment for LRN Features in need of Funding.

Hey guys: Isn’t this question of features and funding better part of the discussion of the Roadmap?  I mean, we could each list which feature we are interested in working on, which is important, but as I understand the import of EC funding right, we would want to figure out the unique contribution .LRN is or might make in the overall e-learning market, and particularly, that part which the EC is concerned with.  In part, this is a matter of features.  I also wonder if we might think about what the ED would think would interest a “European User”.  Like Malte, I would think that would include the internationalization features.  In respect to Blackboard, I would think some attention to the “import” of Blackboard USERS would be in order: I’ve had faculty members refer to Blackboard’s interface as “intuitive” and demand that I make .LRN look like Blackboard.  Interesting problem – sorta like asking if, like the convergence of Mac and Microsoft interfaces (or DreamweaverMX and Homesite), there are emerging standards in LMS system interface design we might identify and hammer out?  Where did you find notice of this new EC program, is there a link?

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Nope, there is not a link (yet) that I'd know of, as it was mentioned in private conversation from the Commissioner to a collegue of mine, that the official announcement will be made soon. In any case, it should be started during Learntec.

Furthermore, I think a concerted effort to investigate into emerging standards in LMS systems and implementing these in .LRN would be a good eye catcher for the EC.

What do other people think?