Forum OpenACS Q&A: How to delete invalid users from the system

Hi,

some users in our system entered invalid email-addresses. Although I deleted them in the acs-admin/users section, the system (bboard) still sends forum messages to them, which makes all other users furious, since these mails come back as undeliverable to the user who posted a message.

Could anybody tell me in which table(s) I have to delete this users forever?

Thanks!

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
What version of OpenACS are you using?
Collapse
Posted by Christof Spitz on
Hi Don, its 4.6.2
Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
In 5.0 notification-security-procs.tcl proc can_notify_user checks to see if the user state is active.

Take a look at that proc and where its called and maybe you can patch your system so it won't send notifications to "deleted" users.

You may also have to patch the bulk-mail module, does anyone know if that has a mechanism to prevent bulk mailing non-active usrers?  One thing to test is if you create a spam to be sent in the future, then delete one of the users that it would have gone to, does the email get sent? It should not.

Collapse
Posted by Christof Spitz on
Thanks, Caroline. I found the proc can_notify_user, which checks user_approved_p:

return [db_string user_approved_p {} -default 0]

Being a bloody beginner, I wonder where I might find a list or description of other parameters that can be checked ...