Forum OpenACS Q&A: Improved FAQ

Collapse
Posted by Caroline Meeks on
Before I start coding...does anyone have or is working on a FAQ functionality that:

1. Is searchable
2. Uses ad_form and the enhanced text widget
3. Uses CSS
4. Versions questions/answers
5. Uses categories
6. Perhaps keep track of how frequently an answer was viewed and show a list of most frequently asked questions.
7. Optionally Commentable
8. Allow the user to rate how useful an answer was
9. Provide mechanism to email an admin with context if it didn't answer my question
10. Suggest a question with/without answer and ability to approve/disapprove with email notification.

My current client needs actually stop at #3, but posting a wish list worked so well with Resource List I thought I'd try again. :)

Collapse
2: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
And hopefully

11. Has upgrade scripts from the present FAQ package.

😊

These would be great additions to the FAQ package!

Collapse
3: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
Posted by Andrei Popov on

I've got ad_formed (and hence you get your enhanced widgets) and CSSed FAQ on 4.6.3 base -- of course since othere than I18N changes and noquote nothing has been changed in FAQ for ages...

No versioning, however and categories. Upgrade scripts -- maybe, but only once I get time to move it onto 5.0 base.

I can post a tarball of what I have now under file-storage, if there is interest.

Collapse
4: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 3)
Hi Andrei,

Yes please post your tarball. I'll see if I can merge it with the 5.0 version or just do it by hand.

If you just ad_formed and CSSed it there shouldn't be any datamodel changes and thus no upgrade script right?

thanks!

Collapse
5: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hello guys,
we have FAQ using ad_form and its already on HEAD,
have a look at the bug: https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/com/faq/bug?filter%2estatus=closed&bug%5fnumber=839
Collapse
6: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
Hey Caroline,
all of the wish-list is quite nice,
one really neat thing will be to able to subscribe to a FAQ for any change made on it, since FAQs are not the kind fo thing that you see it a lot, its nice to get informed on any change.
Collapse
7: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 5)
Thanks Roc!

Any idea why its not on the oacs-5-0 branch?

Collapse
8: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
well, basicly is not a bug, mostly an enhancement so the sugestion is to have it for 5.1, now on HEAD
Collapse
9: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Keep in mind that oacs-5-0 is feature-freezed.  Someday we'd like to release it ...
Collapse
10: Re: Improved FAQ (response to 1)
No arguement there Don!!

I will put bug fixes and improvements into bugtracker and we'll get it out in an official release for 5.1.