Forum OpenACS Development: Barcelona "Bootcamp" the 24th and 25th of January

Hi,

in order to get started with porting the ACS 3.4 Intranet / Prject/Open to OpenACS 5.0 I would like to announce that we're going to have an intensive weekend ("Bootcamp"?) on Saturday and Sunday the 24th/25th of January in Barcelona.

I expect some 10-20 participants, most of them probably from the local community. However, I would like to invite everybody from OpenACS to come to Barcelona and to have a fun weekend. With Easy Jet it's really cheap to fly here and the chance for sunshine in January is >60%. For accomodation I would recommend Hotel Lloret right in the center of the city (+34 93 3173 366), where I have negotiated prices for triple (70€ = €23 per person) and quadruple room (€80 = €20 per person). Obviously there are also single/double rooms available. If you want to participate, please confirm here in this forum.

Already confirmed participants:
- Alejandro Beya (La Salle)
- Frank Bergmann (P/O)
- Juanjo Ruiz (Competitiveness)
- Klaus Hofeditz (P/O)
- Pol Vilarmau (La Salle)
- Marc Baiges (La Salle)
- Santi Trenchs (La Salle)
- Toni Vila (Competitiveness)

In terms of infrastructure we've already confirmed access to the computer labs at La Salle university and to the offices of SLS-international. However, I'll try to get an even nicer location... Check here for slides and photos from the 2001 bootcamp: http://www.fraber.de/university/bootcamp/

I am going to leave for vacation in Cuba tonight, but I'll be back on January the 11th. After that I'll immediately start to prepare the meeting in terms of infrastructure (servers) and architecture proposals.

I'll be in Barcelona the week before and the week after the Bootcamp, so that you could also come a few days earlier or stay later. Also, I can provide you with office space for a maximum of three persons during this time.

Marry Christmas, a happy new year and (hopefully!) until the 24th of January,

Frank

This seems to be a really famous weekend for OpenACS meetings, see https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=153265.

In case you are wondering, there is one in Boston, MA as well.

Hi Malte,

thanks for the hint. Bad luck, we'll have to get started, so we won't be able to change it. Maybe I can organize another meeting in May, a month with already very vice weather down here.

Happy Christmas!
Frank