Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Remaining work for 5.0.0 release

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
If at least one more person verifies that the instructions mentioned by Dave work on a life site, we will release RC1.

Help is especially needed for testing Oracle upgrades, though we are not stopping the release if this remains untested.

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I just tried upgrading my site from 4.6.4ish to 5.0.0 using DaveB's instructions and it worked. AOLserver4, PG 7.4. I had a couple minor stumbling blocks:
  1. the acs-kernel 4.6.5-4.6.6 upgrade script gave 2 errors which seem unimportant:
    ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "users_pk"
    ERROR:  relation "admin_rels" already exists

2. the acs-kernel upgrade 5d7 to 5d9 script gave me a couple errors because it couldn't drop 2 tables. Moving the 2 'drop table' commands to the end of the file fixed that.
  3. The first time I tried to login, the login form bombed with the error: "can't read 'defaults': no such variable" inside template::form::create. Restarting the server again mysteriously solved the problem.
  4. Upgrade failed for static-pages (can't insert duplicate key into apm_package_versions) and acs_messaging (couldn't find a function acs_message__new to drop). I didn't look into fixing the static-pages error, but commenting out the 'drop function' in acs-messaging's upgrade 4.62-4.63 script allowed it to upgrade. Looking further, I think my site was at acs-messaging version 4.6.3 in the DB, but the .info file reported 4.5, thus causing this error.
I haven't tested things in detail, but the upgrade process seemed to work for me. I actually did the upgrade process in full twice.

I also note that I didn't need to load the postgresql.sql file. pg_dump seems to be fixed, at least in 7.4.