Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Help on using aolserver4 and php 4.3.4
This is an easy hypothesis to try out: set your stack size to a large value and see if the problem disappears.
If not, the other question that comes to mind is whether or not PHP is known to be threadsafe ...
We have increased the stack size and now we can install the php module.
We will go to test the php application now.
I was wondering if you succeeded with using php on the aolserver. Does it work? I need PHP for the AOLServer 3.3oacs1 but couldn't get PHP running. The pages where served as text files without being compiled by php.
Maybe you want to switch to aolserver4.
As Malte, we wish to try to install several interesting programs already developed with PHP.
One of them was SquirrelMail, thanks Malte
We have a virtual server with Cathy Sarisky at acornhosting.net.
We have installed the aolserver4 to try the virtual hosting, within the virtual server, and it works. We have now 3 domains to try.
In a 'true' server we also can install the phppgads software we was interested -an ads server-, but in the virtual server we can't. We get errors after creating the tables in the database and the install crash. We don't know why.
1. Is someone working with acornhosting.net who has installed any PHP software under the virtual servers and can confirm it works?. We haven't tried another PHP software yet.
2. Is someone interested to try to install the adserver in their virtual server?. If so, please tell us about your experience.
At the moment we have installed under Apache using another port. Not our favourite server :(
1. any special sugestion to configure aolserver4 for PHP? We only have increased the stacksize.
2. Have you installed some more PHP software under aolserver4?
3. Then, could you tell us the name of that software to add it to the list of working php applications under aolserver4?