Forum OpenACS Q&A: Learning Web/DB devel through OpenACS

Collapse
Posted by Todd Gillespie on
Well, that was enlightening.  I just gave a presentation about tight Web/DB integration to my local LUG (linux users' group).  It was very broad, but suprisingly, still very educational for about 2/3 the room.  So it looks like I'll be giving another presentation soon.
Most of my examples were from OpenACS, with counter examples from slashcode(MySQL), and had section like 'Fighting off interns with referential integrity'.  Since it was (suprisingly!) educational, it looks like my pathetic slides will become more permanent.  Which brings us too the question at hand.

Can we get wimpy point running on openACS?  Since I'm going to run a few more lectures centered around ACS-style devel, it would be a Good Thing to center some of the data here.  Also, if anyone has some god stuff left over(or not yet tried!) from a similar presentation, by all means I'd love to turn my lectures into a more-complete introduction to DB-backed sites; albeit one shorter than 'Philip & Alex', and more in line with public speaking.

Question 2:
Editing the psets to make them pgSQL compatible now sounds like a wonderful plan.  Deirdre, have you shelved this plan?  Anyone else, would this piss off aD; should I just write an addendum to the psets?
If I write it, I'd like to share.  So what can we do on OpenACS?