Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): TIP#39 (Implemented) Add webDAV support for content repository items

TIP: 39
Title: Add webDAV support for content repository items
State: Draft
Type: Project
OpenACS-Version: 5.1
Vote: Pending
Created: Monday, 12 January 2004

Abstract

WebDAV (web based distributed authoring and versioning http://www.webdav.org ) is a useful feature for any content realated applications. Many web basedcontent management systems support WebDAV access. WebDAV client support is available standard in Windows XP, Mac OS X, and many other applications such as Word and OpenOffice.org.

Some potential OpenACS packages that could take advantage of WebDAV support include file-storage, photo-album, and any content management applications.

Proposal

Musea technologies is currently developing WebDAV support for OpenACS content repository items. A reference implementation will support generic content_folder and content_revision items. In addition another implementation will be developed for the file-storage package.

I would like to add the WebDAV support package code to the OpenACS repository. It is currently available from anonymous cvs at:

pserver:mailto:anonymous@tdav.museatech.net/museatech/cvs

as package oacs-dav.

The oacs-dav package requires the tDAV WebDAV implementation for AOLserver available from the same CVS server as package tDAV.

I plan on distributing the latest tDAV.tcl as part of oacs-dav to simplify installation.

I will be the maintainer of this package, and I can commit to working to make it available in the OpenACS 5.1 release.

Approved
Collapse
Posted by Lars Pind on
Approved.
Approved ...
Setting Approved according to "Two yes and no veto in the first week."